Woodcreations recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Director is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Health, safety and environmental policy
- We are committed to managing health, safety and environmental (HS&E) matters as an integral part of our business. In particular, it is our policy to assure the HS&E integrity of our processes and facilities at all times and at all places. We will do so by adhering to the following principles:
- We will comply with applicable laws and regulations and will implement programs and procedures to assure compliance. Compliance with HS&E standards will be a key ingredient in training, performance reviews, and incentives for all employees.
Risk, reduction, prevention and recourse management
- We will seek opportunities, beyond compliance requirements, for reducing risk to human health and the environment, and we will establish and meet our own HS&E quality standards where appropriate.
- We will employ management systems and procedures specifically designed to prevent activities and/or conditions that pose a threat to human health, safety, or the environment. We will look for ways to minimize risk and protect our employees and the communities in which we operate by employing clean technology, including safe technologies and operating procedures, as well as being prepared for emergencies.
- We will strive to minimize releases to the air, land, or water through use of cleaner technologies and the safer use of chemicals. We will minimize the amount and toxicity of waste generated and will ensure the safe treatment and disposal of waste.
- We will manage scarce resources, such as water, energy, land, and forests in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- We will communicate our commitment to HS&E quality to our employees, vendors, and customers. We will solicit their input in meeting our HS&E goals and in turn will offer assistance to meet their goals.
- We will measure our progress as best we can. We will review our progress at least on an annual basis. We will continuously seek opportunities to improve our adherence to these